March 20, 2020
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the importance of limiting social contact to protect both staff and clients, Directions for Living is making key modifications to our service provision while still prioritizing the important services you, our community, count on from us.
To date, Directions for Living has made the following modifications to our operations:
- We continue to accept new clients. Please call 727-524-4464 to schedule a new appointment, convert your current appointment to a telehealth appointment, or ask questions.
- The majority of DFL services* are now being provided via telehealth (video) or telephonically (audio). You will be contacted by a member of our staff to convert your existing appointment to telehealth in the coming days.
*This includes: Children’s Outpatient, Assisted Outpatient Treatment, Treatment Works, Intensive Family Services, Homeless Services, Children’s System Of Care, SOAR, Family Intensive Treatment, Baby CAT, Early Childhood Consultation, Psychological Services, and Mental Health Case Management
- In light of Children’s Outpatient services moving to telehealth, DFL has closed the Largo Center for the time being.
- Some essential in-person care is still being provided at Clearwater Center. These in-clinic services are now being provided only on the first floor.
- Clients who need to visit the pharmacy on-site at our Clearwater Center are allowed access to the pharmacy one at a time.
- Adults receiving long acting injectable medications are being served one at a time on-site at Clearwater Center, with no use of waiting rooms.
- All clients, visitors, and staff on-site at Clearwater Center (essential appointment, pharmacy, and injectable medications) are being screened, including a temperature test, prior to entering the building.
In addition to Directions for Living services, we also want to share some community resources relevant to this crisis which may be of assistance to our clients:
- TECO / Duke Energy relief during COVID-19
- Free Wi-Fi for students via Spectrum
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement COVID-19 Information
- Free bus access via PSTA
- Re-employment Assistance
- Small Business Loans
- Price-gouging Hotline
- State School Closures
- Free Meals for Kids and Teens
- Food & Education Resources for Distance Learning
- Corona Virus Tax Relief
- Florida Health Interactive Data Dashboard
- NAMI resources, including virtual support groups
If you would like to donate to Directions for Living to assist us as we continue to provide life-saving services to our clients throughout Pinellas County during this pandemic, please click here.
DFL is continuing to monitor the situation closely and following the recommendations of the CDC, World Health Organization, and the Florida Department of Health. DFL is making operational decisions in 15-day increments. As additional updates and specific service delivery plans are available, this webpage will be updated and posts will be made to our Facebook page.